Thursday, June 5, 2014

Recommendation Report


Sophia Diego

Recommendation Report

Period 3

            Within the last few months I have been having car troubles and have been wasting money on buying new tires for my car and shredding them up. My car has an alignment problem which causes my tires to wear down faster than normal. I have been going through different options in my head, but I can't decide on which one is best for me. With all of my options in mind, I have developed the following criteria for the ideal options for my situation:
1. Buy a brand new car
2. Buy a used car
3. Fix the alignment on the car that I have.

Recommendation:

I think that I should fix the alignment problem on the car that I have. I believe this is the best option because it is still a nice car and can last me through college. I also believe that it would be very hard for me to make payments on a brand new car and if I were to buy another used car then I would be taking on someone else's problems.

Discussion:
I will be going to school in the fall and most likely moving out as well. I need to focus on saving money rather than spending more on a car payment every month as well as paying rent, buying groceries and paying for tuition.

1.      If I were to buy a brand new car then I would have to make monthly payments as well as a down payment. I would have a nicer car though.

2.      If I were to buy a used car I could possibly get scammed by the person selling it to me. I will also be taking on the previous owners problems if I bought a used car.

3.      If I were to stick it out and just fix whatever is wrong with my car it could be a good thing or a disaster. It could be good because then I could save my money and have more to buy an even nicer car when I’m actually ready to take on the responsibility of owning a brand new car and everything else that goes along with that. If I just kept my car then more things could keep going wrong with it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment